Last Updated: March 28, 2017
Personal information is information you provide to us that personally identifies you (e.g., your name, email address, or any other information that can be reasonably linked to such identifying information by us).
However, this policy does not apply to websites or services of companies that Go2Science doesn't own or control, such as third party services you might access through links or other features (e.g., social media, providers of helpful resources) that may appear on our Service. These other services are governed by their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to review them before providing them with personal information.
We strongly encourage you to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and if you have any questions you can send us an email at email@example.com and we will respond as quickly as possible.
Do we collect your student's personal information? No! Go2Science does not knowingly collect personal information about your students and we encourage teachers and parents homeschooling their children (collectively, "teachers") to take steps to ensure they do not inadvertently or otherwise post personally identifiable information about their students on our Service. Ultimately, it is the teacher's responsibility to prevent personal information about that teacher's student from being submitted to our Service. If you inadvertently submit or post personal information about a student on our Service, please immediately remove that information and notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we are aware that a student's personal information was mistakenly submitted to our Service, we will immediately take steps to remove and delete that information.
Do we collect photos, videos, text, and other works and comments submitted by teachers?
If the school or teacher elects to utilizes the Publish it! feature, the teacher or school will be responsible for obtaining any necessary parental consent underCOPPA.
Additionally, we automatically collect some information from any use of our Service as described in the "Information automatically collected" section below.
What class information is visible to others? If a teacher opts to post a student's work on our "Publish It!" page, other teachers, students and parents may be able to view and comment on that student's work. Additionally, if a teacher opts to post a comment on our chat blog or any other collaborative feature we may offer, those comments are visible to other teachers, students or parents. A teacher should take great care to ensure the student's personal information is not included in any submission or post to our Service. Teachers may opt to keep their class' (student's) work private (only that teacher may view and comment on his/her student's work), semi-private (the teacher decides what other Go2Science users can view and comment on his/her student's work), or public (all Go2Science users may view and comment on the student's work).
Please note that if the teacher chooses to display Go2Science in his/her classroom, (e.g., projecting via a smartboard or interactive whiteboard), students and anyone else physically present in that classroom may see other classes' usernames and avatars, comments posted by teachers on the blog or other collaborative feature, and student work posted on our Publish it! feature. It is the responsibility of the teacher to monitor who can view Go2Science content when it is displayed in this fashion.
A teacher may allow parents of his/her students to view and comment on the class' work if that teacher has authorization from other parents who have children in the class and the teacher provides the parent with a special access code.
What ways does Go2Science collect information? We collect information about you in two ways: (1) information that you voluntarily provide us by using the Service, and (2) information collected automatically as result of your use of the Service. These two types are described in more detail below. The types and amounts of information collected differ depending the user (teacher, parent, guest) and how they use Go2Science (e.g., logged in user or a guest user). 1. ** Information that you provide to us.** Currently, teachers and parents are the only users on our Service, however, guests (nonsubcribers) may have limited access to the website. We collect and store the following types of information from users.
- Class Information - As a teacher you'll be asked to enter the class year (kindergarten, first grade, or second grade) and the number of students in your class.
- Contact Information - When you choose to provide us with your personal information through the Service in some other manner (e.g., emails, support request, participation in a video testimonial, or participation in any research efforts with Go2Science). If you are using the Go2Science App, we may ask you for certain permissions.
The technologies and information we automatically collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Cookies and other similar technologies. Go2Science (or our service providers), may use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our Service including, "web beacons," "tags", "scripts", and "cookies." We use both session cookies (disappear after you close your browser) and persistent cookies (remain after you close your browser but can still be removed by you) that are used by your browser to identify you on subsequent visits to the Service. Go2Science may also collect, use and store information locally on your device.
- Device information. We collect device-specific information such as your operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers. This helps us make sure our Service is performing well on your particular device, and allows us to send you push notifications if you've opted in to receive them.
- Log information. Like the vast majority of online services, when you use our Service, we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- How you used our website and the frequency and duration of your visits to Go2Science;
- Telephony log information like your phone number and SMS routing information;
- IP Address; and
- Device event information (e.g.,crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL) We use this information to help us decide what features you may like or want so we can focus on serving you better.
How does Go2Science use the information it collects? * We use the information we collect from you to continually improve your experience with Go2Science! We do not sell or rent personal information we collect to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes. Specifically, we use this information to: * Provide and improve the Service, for example by developing new products and features and removing those that aren't as popular; * Respond to your requests for information or customer support; * Send you information about new features and Go2Science products we believe you may be interested in; and * To protect the Go2Science community by making sure the Service remains a safe and pleasant environment.
- What user information does Go2Science share?
- Other users you share and communicate with on Go2Science. We do not make teacher or parent profiles available to the general public. However, a teacher may choose to share information or content through the Service with other teachers or parents by posting or commenting on our Publish It! Page or through the chat blog or any other collaboration feature we may offer.
- Please note that information (including personal information) or content that you voluntarily disclose to others on our Service can be viewed, copied, stored, and used by the people you share it with. We cannot control the actions of people with whom you choose to share information. Please share carefully!
- Third-party integrations on our Service. When you use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Service, they may receive information about what you post or share. Any information collected by these third-party apps, websites or integrated services is governed by their own privacy and use policies.
- Testimonials. We will post testimonials about Go2Science that may contain personal information such as the name, photo and/or a video of the individual in the testimonial. We will obtain the individual's consent in advance to ensure we have permission to post this content publicly. To request removal of your personal information from our testimonials, please contact us at curious@go2Science.com.
- Analytics services. We use analytics services to help us understand and improve how the Service is being used. These services may collect, use and store information in order to help us understand things like how often you use the Service, the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and from where the application was downloaded.
- Aggregated information and non-identifying information. We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, including with, but not limited to, users, partners or the press in order to demonstrate how Go2Science is used, conduct research, to provide marketing materials, and for other purposes related to Go2Science's business functions. Any aggregated information shared this way will not contain any personal information.
- Compliance with legal requirements. We may disclose personal information if we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to comply with the law, such as complying with a subpoena or other legal process. We may need to disclose personal information where, in good faith, we think it is necessary to to protect the rights, property, or safety of Go2Science, our employees, or others, or to prevent violations of our our Terms of Service or other agreements. This includes, but is not limited to, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection or responding to government requests.
With your consent. Other than the cases above, we won't disclose your personal information for any purpose unless you consent to it.
How does Go2Science protect my information? First and foremost, your Go2Science account is protected by a password you create; making that password as strong as possible is the best way to help us protect you from unauthorized access to your account! We also employ administrative, technical, and physical measures to guard against unauthorized use. However, no security system is 100% immune, and we can't guarantee the security of information. The security of user information may be compromised for a number of reasons including, but not limited to, outages, human error, system failure, civil unrest, unauthorized use, or attack. If we learn of a security breach, we will attempt to notify you electronically (subject to any applicable laws) and we may provide you with instructions so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
Is there a way to opt-out of providing information? Yes! You can always control whether you share personal information with us and can even block all cookies. However, please keep in mind that many of Go2Science's features may not be accessible, or function properly if you decline to give us certain information or block cookies.
Can I manage my personal information? Yes! You can manage your personal information at anytime. You may view, update, or delete some of your profile information or your preferences by logging into your account on Go2Science and accessing your account settings page. You may also contact us by email at email@example.com to update or delete certain personal information that you have provided to us. Go2Science may retain a backup copy of the prior version of your information for a limited period of time or for legal purposes. Upon request, Go2Science will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If you are a user of Go2Science, you may request access to all your personal information we have on file by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I delete my account? You can delete your account at any time using the Go2Science website, you may also delete your account by logging into your account and accessing your account settings page or by contacting us at email@example.com. When you delete your account, we delete your profile information and any other content you provide in your profile or posted on our webpage including but not limited to your name, username, password, email address, physical address, and any content you've posted on our Publish it! page. Information that you have shared with others (e.g., blog entries), others have shared about you, or content other users may have copied and stored, is not part of your account and may not be deleted when you delete your account. Comments or submissions you've posted on our chat blog are not deleted when you delete your account and may remain viewable by other users.
How long does Go2Science keep personal information about me? Personal information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted by either you or us. Please note that we may have to retain some information after your account is closed, to comply with legal obligations, to protect the safety and security of users or our Service, or to prevent violations of our terms.
Will I receive any communications from Go2Science? Maybe, if you have registered on Go2Science and provided an email or phone number to us, or otherwise opted-in to receive communications from us, we may send you messages and updates regarding your account, updates regarding the Service, and information regarding products or services from Go2Science. You can always unsubscribe from receiving any of our email or other communications whenever you'd like by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any Go2Science email, or by turning off push notifications on your device.
Additionally, if we ever make significant changes to the types of personal information and from whom, or how we use it, we will promptly notify you or parents in order to provide notice and to obtain consent, if needed, for those new practices.
California Privacy Disclosures Go2Science does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals because we do not track our users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. For more information on "do not track", please visitwww.allaboutdnt.org.
If a third party has content embedded on the Go2Science website, such as a social feature, it may set cookies on a user's browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited Go2Science from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from Go2Science's website unless you provide it to them directly.
316 Stone's Point Road
Cushing, Maine 04563