Last Updated: March 30, 2017
Please note: Our Sites are intended for use primarily by teachers. The use of many portions of our Sites are restricted to teachers (for example the "Publish it!" and chat features") and students and student’s parents may access and/or use those areas of our Sites only with the involvement of their teacher.
- use the Sites for any unauthorized or illegal purpose or activity including, but not limited to, any activity to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Sites, including Go2Science Content;
- interfere with the proper working of the Sites including, but not limited to, the transmission of any virus, worm, trap door, back door, timer, clock, Trojan horse, denial of service attack or other limiting routine, instruction or design; or
- interfere with any other person's use and enjoyment of the Sites.
Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the Sites are available only with registration, login, such as Go2Science’s membership subscriptions. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password ("Personal Login Information"), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential, including taking appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality, such as logging off and closing the Internet browser, especially when you are connected to the Internet through an unsecured network or when using a public computer. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. Go2Science is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact Go2Science immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
- upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content, including through any attachments thereto, that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable in the context of an elementary school classroom environment;
- upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content, including through any attachments thereto, that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (for example, private or personal information about a teacher or child without consent, or any other confidential information);
- upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content, including through any attachments thereto, that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available, including through any attachments thereto, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available, including through any attachments thereto, any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; and
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law.
Proprietary Rights. The content of the Sites includes, without limitation:
- Go2Science's trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively " Go2Science Marks");
- information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, including podcasts, and artwork; and
- the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the Sites (the items identified in this section are collectively referred to herein as " Go2Science Content"). Go2Science Content is the property of the Go2Science, its licensors, partners, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any Go2Science Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from the or the owner of such content if Go2Science the is not the owner. Any use of the Go2Science Marks without Go2Science's express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the Go2Science Content, including any such notices appearing on any Go2Science Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the Sites.
Responsibility for Use of the Internet and Websites and Exclusion of Liability. Use of the Internet and the Sites is solely at your risk and is subject to, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. Unless expressly required by law, Go2Science does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the Sites over the Internet or other communication network. Go2Science shall not be obligated to correct or update the Sites or the Go2Science Content and shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the Sites.
Third Party Information. The Sites may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, books, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the Sites are those of the respective third party and not of Go2Science or its affiliates. Go2Science makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
Links to Third Party Websites. The Sites may provide links to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Sites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Links to Websites, Content, Sharing of Content. Links posted by third parties to the Sites and/or Go2Science Content may not use the Go2Science trademark or logo and shall not suggest that Go2Science promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, Websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the Sites shall be the responsibility of the linking party. Go2Science reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates Go2Science's policies, rights or causes interruption or deterioration of Go2Science Content.
Sharing of Content. You may download, copy or embed Go2Science Content and other downloadable items displayed on the Sites for personal or classroom use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any Go2Science Content for other than personal or classroom use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission. Go2Science reserves the right to require any party sharing Go2Science content to disable or remove the content should its use violate Go2Science's policies, rights or causes interruption or deterioration of Go2Science Content.
Warranties Disclaimed. THE WEBSITES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." NEITHER GO2SCIENCE, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, OR TRUSTEES NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, CONTRACTORS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY "GO2SCIENCE PARTIES") PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT:
- ACCESS TO THE SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE;
- THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL USED, PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR
- GO2SCIENCE CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE SITES. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
Exclusion of and Limitation of Liability. GO2SCIENCE PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, AND DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY, FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH, AS A RESULT OF, OR ARISING:
- OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITES AND/OR ANY GO2SCIENCE CONTENT;
- FROM ANY INTERRUPTION IN THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SITES AND/OR GO2SCIENCE CONTENT;
- FROM ANY LOSS OF DATA AND/OR FROM ANY EQUIPMENT FAILURE;
- OUT OF THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GOODS, CONTENT AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THE SITES, OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE SITES;
- FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA;
- FROM STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITES;
- FROM ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OF THE SITES ARISING OUT OF CAUSES BEYOND GO2SCIENCE'S CONTROL;
- OUT OF THE USE OF, REFERENCE TO, OR RELIANCE ON, THE GO2SCIENCE CONTENT;
- OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THE SITES;
- OUT OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, AND/OR QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OR ADVERTISED ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; OR
Exclusions permitted by law. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 16 AND 17 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND 'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the Sites must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Social media. Go2Science provides opportunities for user interaction within its Sites and social media profiles on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and various blogging sites. On those social media profiles, content and links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views or content contained therein. Go2Science is not responsible for content or links posted by others.